Stephanie Lowery is an alum of Biblical Seminary, and one of my first Teaching Assistant’s here. Now she’s a doctoral student in Theology at Wheaton. This is her review of God Behaving Badly for the Wheaton doctoral student blog. She says it’s the best book she’s read this year (she probably doesn’t read many books).
Frank Viola’s blog is hosting part 2 of an interview with me about the God of the Old Testament:
Questions today focus on:
1) Why isn’t there any archaelogical evidence for the destruction of Jericho?
2) Why does God care about cleanliness? (Is cleanliness really next to Godliness?)
3) What about the Levites slaughter of their fellow Israelites in Exo. 32? What’s up with that?
4) What’s been the reaction to the book? (I tell stories of George, Jon and Sandra.)
5) Have I considered sending Bill Maher a copy of God Behaving Badly so we can have a debate on TV?
Suggestions for how to get on Bill Maher’s show?