On May 18 (2011), Scot McKnight (Jesus Creed) began a series blogs devoted to God Behaving Badly.
1) Scot’s first post
2) Scot on chapter 2: Angry or Loving?
3) Scot on chapter 3: Sexist or Affirming?
4) Scot on chapter 4: Racist or Welcoming?
5) Scot on chapter 5: Violent or Peaceful?
6) Scot on chapter 6: Legalistic or Gracious?
7) Scot on chapter 7: Rigid or Flexible?
8) Scot on chapter 8: Distant or Near?
Here’s a positive review from Publishers Weekly.
God Behaving Badly has now been translated into:
German (click here), Der missverstandene Gott?: Ist der Gott des Alten Testaments zornig, sexistisch und rassistisch? The Misunderstood God: Is the God of the Old Testament angry, sexist and racist?
Korean (click here). 내겐 여전히 불편한 하나님: 구약의 하나님을 사랑의 하나님이라 할 수 있을까? The God who still disturbs me. Can we call the God of the Old Testament a God of Love?
Frank Viola interviewed me on his blog, Beyond Evangelical, in 2 parts about God Behaving Badly:
Part 1 of Interview (including a question about the woman who grabs the testicles of her opponent during a fight-never been asked about that before).
Part 2 of Interview (Rachel Held Evans called this 2 part interview the best interview of the week).
I’ve written an article for the Sept-Oct 2011 issue of Relevant Magazine on the Canaanite genocide, using material from GBB (to read the full-article you’ll need to register, and you get free content for 5 articles).